Yes, most car donations are accepted, running or not (exceptions include older cars whose value would not offset the cost of towing). To find out if we can accept your car donation, please call 1.877.KARS4KIDS®, or fill out the online car donation form.
A local towing company will contact you within a few business hours of your initial call to us. Pickup is usually scheduled for 24 - 48 hours later. If you need your car picked up sooner than that, we will try to accommodate you as best we can (most often, we can!). Call us at .
We accept car donations, RVs, boats, trailers, motorcycle, jet skis, vans, buses and snowmobiles. We can take just about any vehicle.
The IRS allows you to claim a tax deduction of:
a) The value of your vehicle up to $500. It is up to the donor to determine the fair market value.
b) The amount we sell your vehicle for - if it is more than $500.

Kars4kids is a classified 501(c)(3) charity organization. You can check with your tax advisor or accountant to determine the amount of your benefit. The deduction is of value only if the donor itemizes his or her deductions. For a more detailed overview the IRS publishes a Donors Guide to Car Donation.
Yes! Even 'clunkers' have some value.
We can usually pick up a vehicle without a title. We will just need the registered owner to sign some paperwork for us.
You are responsible for the car until it is picked up. You are liable for all previous storage charges and previous fines. Once the car has been picked up we take full responsibility.
How your donation will be handled depends on its condition and on other variable factors. In any case, Kars4Kids will have benefited, and you'll receive your tax deductible receipt.
No! Just clean the car of any personal belongings and leave the keys and title under the dashboard.
You will receive a temporary receipt from the towing company at the time of the pickup. It will have all your car information along with our name and phone number. You just have to notify us once the car gets towed and we will mail you the tax deductible receipt along with the hotel voucher.
When signing your title, please make certain that you print and sign your name as the "Seller" in EXACTLY the way it appears on the face of the title.
We can pick up cars in all 50 states.
Kars4kids has a network of professionally licensed, bonded and insured towing agencies throughout the U.S. that pick up car donations. You will be contacted to arrange a time of pickup that is convenient for you, free of charge.
We can pick up the car as long as you have a copy of the death certificate and documentation that you are the official inheritor of the deceased’s belongings.
Unfortunately we can not accept abandoned cars. You should try contacting a local junkyard to pick it up.
Even if it failed it we'll be happy to accept it.
In most states you should remove the license plates once the tower arrives and return them to the DMV. However, in the following states the license plates need to remain on the car: Alaska, California, Hawaii, Minnesota.

In the states of Arizona, California, Minnesota and Washington you must also turn in a release of liability to the DMV. In Washington and Minnesota this form is called a Report of Sale. In Alaska and Hawaii you need to complete and return a Notice of Vehicle Sale for transfer form that is attached to the bottom of your title.

On these forms, you should fill in our name and address: Kars4kids, 1805 Swarthmore Ave. Lakewood, NJ 08701. For the vehicle purchase price you can fill in donation.